This Thai coconut mylkshake is a rich and creamy treat to support weight loss, increased energy, healthy microbiome, electrolyte and blood sugar balance. Completely free of dairy and added sugars, it’s anti-viral, metabolism-boosting, and both electrolyte- and protein-rich. It is made without fruit, so it’s permitted on early phases of Candida and SIBO cleanses.
I’ve included some pretty terrific variations you can try out, in the Notes section. For those without carbohydrate restrictions, feel free to add fruit. If you’re on a strict auto-immune protocol, or have nut allergies or intolerance, simply omit the nut butter and include the collagen for added protein.
The recipe will serves 1-2, depending on your coconut. Remember, natural foods grow with great variation unlike manufactured foods that come in boxes, or anything that has been genetically modified for standardization. I don’t recommend any GM foods, and encourage you to shop smart by choosing organic foods whenever possible.
- Water and meat of one Thai Young Coconut
- 1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1-2 Tbs raw cashew butter
- pinch sea salt
- pinch or more cinnamon powder
- pinch or more freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 packet of Vital Proteins' Collagen Peptides for added protein, intestinal, skin, hair, and joint support (optional)
- Open coconut and pour water into blender; scrape meat and add to blender along with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Decant into your favorite glass and sprinkle fresh grated nutmeg or cinnamon before serving.
- Enjoy the goodness!
- a pinch of cayenne, for an extra jumpstart
- *1 tsp to 1 Tbs maca powder, spirulina or kale powder, to taste (choose one as each one imparts it's own particular flavor)
- *mango, for a "lassi"
- *pineapple f,or a virgin "piña colada"
- *frozen cherries and substitute almond butter for the cashew, for a bit of amaretto bliss